Riley Bowman: And welcome to the Concealed Carry Podcast, part of the ConcealedCarry.com network, brought to you by HK. Today is Friday, May 29th, 2026, as of the recording of this live episode, and I am your host, Riley Bowman, joined today by co-host and president of Concealed Carry, Inc., Jacob Paulson.
Jacob Paulsen: Howdy, howdy.
Riley Bowman: With a classic Wyoming howdy. Glad to be with you all. We've got a packed episode for you today going over a number of legislative updates from the federal level and also from around the country and a number of states that have things to report on. The truth is there's lots of things we could report on and cannot get to at all because of how much there typically is. So we try to hit the big things, the biggest bang for your buck, so to speak, or sometimes the biggest damage for your literal buck, your tax dollars going to work, passing all manner of legislation. Well, in some cases, it's good, but we don't have as much good news, unfortunately, today as probably some bad news. The big news is that apparently it is time for the Glock Wars, Jacob. So the new tactic seems to be that states are specifically going after Glocks. Probably no surprise there, but it is kind of an interesting tactic and an interesting approach, including some of the verbiage that is used to identify said firearm. So we'll break that down for you here in a bit. We also got some great stories for you all. We'll be talking about some news right here in Colorado, which is impacting us here, Jacob and myself, and our business location here in Colorado. There's some interesting developments there. and some things on the federal level, as I mentioned before as well, including another lawsuit about carrying a firearm on post office grounds. So it'll be interesting to see how that all develops. We'll get into it all here shortly, but first our episode is sponsored today specifically by the EDC Belt Company Foundation Belt. You want to have the best quality gear to carry your gun, your equipment your holster we trust and rely upon the edc belt company foundation belt which we sell at concealed carry.com but you can also go straight over to edc belt co edc belt co.com, and pick up a edc belt company belt today uh yeah i actually just needed to pick up a a new one just yesterday, in fact, because the other one is too big. I can make it work, but I'm glad to move down a size. So anyway. Yeah jacob that's probably what you got on your waistband right now i take it.
Jacob Paulsen: Yeah in fact i have a beta color on my of the of the belt so maybe or maybe not we'll be seeing new colors of edc foundation belts in the future
Riley Bowman: That's very exciting yeah is this a new development i mean i know you and i talked about different colors but like i I have not seen this, so did you just get it or what?
Jacob Paulsen: I've had an album for actually over a year. Oh. So I really like it. The color's awesome. It's just a question of capital to make a bunch of them. So I'm neither confirming nor saying it's not happening, just that we're looking at that.
Riley Bowman: I feel really dumb now because I truly don't remember you having a different color on your waistband. I feel like you've always had black.
Jacob Paulsen: Well, I'm glad that you're not pulling up my shirt and looking at my belt.
Riley Bowman: Yeah, but the next time I see you, I'm pulling your shirt up. Okay, EDCbeltco.com, guys. Go pick up yourself a foundation belt. It is called the foundation for a reason because you need a solid foundation to carry your gun with. That is what the EDC Belt Company Foundation Belt does. And it does so more comfortably and more concealably than any other option out there. I have tested and I've tested a bunch, including another very popular one that works very well in some regards, but not so well in all of those areas I just mentioned. Concealability and comfort. And the foundation belt wins, I think, in both those categories. Let's get into our first story, Jacob. Actually, you authored this one on concealedcarry.com website. And this is an update on the Colorado State or Senate Bill 3, which is quite interesting. It's actually passed last year, right?
Jacob Paulsen: Correct.
Riley Bowman: It's taken all this time until just like a couple weeks ago to get somewhere with it, it seems.
Jacob Paulsen: Well, I mean, in their defense, the law doesn't go into effect until August 1st, 22nd, 26th. So there's only so much rush to figure out what the law means and how it's going to be applied when it's signed into law basically like a year and four months before it has to go into effect.
Riley Bowman: Yeah. Yeah. It's one of those things, though, where for a long time we've been sitting here wondering, okay, what firearms is it going to affect? Right. So in case you're not familiar, what we're talking about here is the bill, like I said, passed last year, that is it creates a a semi-automatic firearm category that is going to require Colorado residents to then go through training to obtain a license, I guess, or permit or whatever. I don't remember the verbiage that's used to then be able to go and purchase a, those semi-automatic firearms that are on this list or in this category and for the longest time we didn't even know officially what would be in that category i guess we still don't even know officially because what was just released a couple weeks ago is the draft list but it becomes quite apparent once you see it i mean we suspected this but there was still this like okay are. Pistols for instance or certain pistols and i'm not just talking about like ar pistols but like handguns included in this, because the way the law was written and passed left some ambiguity. But anyway, it does seem to be more geared towards AR-15 variant firearms, AK-47 and the like. So again, you authored the article, the update on our website, Jacob. What's the skinny on this?
Jacob Paulsen: Well, for those who are not in Colorado, I think the high-level understanding that you need to understand and take away from this is that the term that those of us in the community are using to describe this type of legislation is permit to purchase. So instead of an outright ban on a certain type of gun or category of gun or firearms, what this is is an attempt to say, hey, no, we're not banning anything. You can still buy this stuff, and you can still own it if you already got it. But in order to buy these particular guns, whatever falls into the list, you have to get a permit to do that. And that permit's going to have some hoops to jump through, including background checks and taking a training class and all that kind of stuff. So that's the high level, like what this really is. And Colorado is not the first state to do a permit to purchase type program. I think it's probably the most robust we've seen so far. But, you know, Illinois has a FOID card, which is similar in theory, though demonstrably different as well. And I think that we'll see more states do this. I think that this is going to be a common anti-gun template for the country because it's much harder to challenge its constitutionality because it's not banning. It's really easy to challenge, and I think that in the next probably nine months or so, we're going to see the U.S. Supreme Court rule on AR-15s and that they can't be banned, that they're constitutionally protected firearms. I think that's inevitable at this point. But coming back to this, this is not a ban. So if you're going to challenge the constitutionality of this, you're basically saying that the burden is too high, that it's too difficult for, you know, it's unreasonably difficult to go through the process to be able to obtain the gun, the constitutionally protected firearm. And that argument is something we made here in Colorado. What we've learned is that this is what this is going to look like. First, you'll have to go to a website and set up a user account. And when you set up that user account, it will attempt to identify if you've ever taken a hunter safety course before. If you've taken a hunter safety course in Colorado, in theory, then it would be able to identify that. If you've taken a hunter safety class in a different state, it may not know that. You might have to then walk down to Colorado Parks and Wildlife offices and say, hey, see here, I took hunter safety when I lived in Alabama. Please add that to the system. Then they would add that to the system in theory. And then you'd go back to your computer at home, log in to the user account again, verify that that's there or not. Regardless, if you do or don't have Hunter Safety, you would then print off a thing that you would take to the sheriff's office and you'd say, hey, I set up the user account in the place. See, see? And the sheriff's office would then take the… The next step. Now, the next step, though, is a little bit complicated because what we're learning is that when you get to that sheriff's office, in addition to having the piece of paper that says you set up the user account on this new website that currently doesn't exist today, You'll also have to present a background check. And it's really unclear where you're going to get this background check. I mean, you're walking into a building that traditionally does background checks. So you would think that the sheriff's office could perform that. And maybe they end up In the end, they will end up doing that starting on August 1st. But today it's unclear. Today what we know is that you're supposed to show up at the sheriff's office with the paper that says you set up the user account on the website and with a background check that's been performed by somebody somewhere. I don't know what that would look like. Probably not the kind of thing that you would pull on an employee to see if they've been convicted of a felony, though. It'd have to be a criminal background check. So anyway, that's confusing. But somehow you get to the sheriff's office, the background check is performed by somebody, and you've set up this user account on this website. The sheriff then reviews that, verifies that, yeah, all this checks out, like we're good here, like nobody's screwed up, nobody's done anything wrong. They either are conducting the background check or they're verifying the background check that you're producing, I guess, one of those two things. And then they provide you with a class eligibility thing, card thing. I don't know if it's physical or if it just goes into the same website database thingy. Colorado Parks and Wildlife is very excited about the database. So they verify that you did all the things, you passed the background check, and they say, yeah, you are now officially hereby eligible to go take a class. And if you do have, in fact, some sort of... Hunter safety on your record, then that's good news for you. You can just take the basic course, which is going to be at least four hours. However, if you've never taken hunter safety before, then you have to take the extended course, which is 12 hours long. Once you've taken that course, then your instructor who taught you the course, which is some private person like me or Riley, then they enter that into the database yep this person passed the course they have to do that within some number of days i think they have like seven days to do that but until they do that you can't go buy a gun once the instructor enters this stuff manually into this database confirming that the student completed the class then you can go to a gun store and the local gun store the ffl they have to have access to that database they have to log in and say oh yes jacob paulson this guy. Yeah, he passed the class. We can sell him one of these guns. So that's the kind of burden we're talking about. And for me, it's absolutely unconstitutional. It's utterly ridiculous and stupid. Of course, I think background checks are already arguably unconstitutional, but this is 10 steps past that. So that's the kind of thing that's going on here. And that's what it looks like.
Riley Bowman: Why is this relevant? Why are we talking about it to a national audience? Well, because I think it's important for you to hear what states like Colorado, California, New York, Illinois, Massachusetts, Virginia, Connecticut, and so on and so forth, what they're up to, because this is the stuff that's coming down the pike. One day you may very well find this in your backyard. I know you may be in, you know, name your red state and think, well, we're red state. this will never happen here. Guess what? I wouldn't have guessed when I moved to Colorado in 2009 that this sort of thing would happen here. So things change quickly. Politics, unfortunately, can change quickly. You get the wrong people in power, the wrong organizations, the wrong political organizations making big mistakes like what's happened here in Colorado historically in the last decade and a half or so. And before you know it, I'm not trying to pick sides here as far as political parties go. But before you know it, the party that's friendly to the Second Amendment is no longer anywhere close to being in power. And you end up with stuff like this. The complicated mess that this system is, is the punishment. And that's what is unfortunately problematic for us, you know, that are going to have to deal with this. And to your point, Jacob, you're like, oh, you know, you don't have high hopes for the Supreme Court making some landmark ruling in the relatively near future, meaning the next couple of years, that clarifies and overturns permit purchase schemes like this. And that's unfortunate because we have rights, and I know that the argument can be made by the other side, well, you have a means to obtain, And practice said right, but it's so onerous and complicated and messy that it strips effectively away the right from people that aren't going to go through the process or do not have the money to go through that process. So anyway, we should probably move on.
Jacob Paulsen: Well, you know, I'll just quickly add that we see similar things relative to getting a concealed handgun permit, right? Post Bruins, you have several states who are like, oh, I guess we have to create illegal means via which someone can obtain a concealed carry permit, but they can still make that means highly complex. And we've seen lawsuits on that. We've seen successful lawsuits against states who have made it too onerous to obtain a concealed carry permit. So I do think long term, that's viable for these kinds of permit to purchase schemes. But I think in the short term we're not going to see that victory
Riley Bowman: We have a story later in today's episode out of Maryland, actually, of a lawsuit against, because the next step for a lot of these states is, okay, we'll have a process in place. We'll make that process difficult. And we'll also then create sensitive places, quote unquote, sensitive places, to make it as difficult as possible for a person to actually exercise that right to carry. And so we'll get to that one. That's out of Maryland here in a bit. Let's move to New York. We talked about, kind of teased in the opener, that it is all about the Glock Wars, it seems, all of a sudden. I mean, this kind of came out of, I don't know if I'd say out of nowhere exactly, but it is interesting. It just, this legislative session, multiple states are like, ooh, you know, let's get on this train. New York seemed to be kind of leading the way with this. Uh, they, so governor, uh, Hochul, uh, Kathy Hochul out of, uh. New York, she, uh, signed the bill on May 27th, uh, which actually was done as part of a budget bill. But within that is this ban on what they call convertible pistols. And specifically how they are defining this are any pistols that contain or use a quote unquote cruciform trigger bar. And that's key lingo because like Jacob or myself or if any of you have been through Glock Armors courses or you're just familiar with Glocks and how they work. You've bought parts for your Glocks, whatever, you know that the, the trigger bar, the trigger bar of the Glock has this piece, this, this portion that's referred to as a, as the cruciform. And, uh. Uh, okay, Jacob, uh, I, you may have gotten the wrong link, but, uh, so there's, it's two things here, Jacob, two things. Uh, so he's saying he didn't get the right story here, but, uh, two things here. We got, um, Glocks that, uh, New York is going after and also 3D printers, 3D printer restrictions. And so let me let me i'll cover this glock piece and then you can talk about the 3d printer part but so on may 27th this bill 9005c was signed which makes basically the idea is to make it illegal to purchase a firearm that uses a cruciform trigger bar which without saying And Glock is saying Glock and Glock style handguns. So guns that use Glock type components. So you're talking like the new Ruger RX-M and things like that would probably fall into this category as well. So that's that piece. But also the bill is going to restrict or place restrictions upon 3D printers requiring firearm blueprint detection algorithms so that you can only buy or possess a 3D printer that has these algorithms built in so you can't go and print various firearm components. And so that's another piece of this bill. So Jacob, I'm sorry you didn't get the correct link on the Glock piece of this, but what did you find there about the 3D printer stuff?
Jacob Paulsen: Yeah, I missed this. So apparently it's all one bill that addressed both of these things. So I just did a little more digging there while you were talking. I missed part of it. And we're going to see this as a pattern across several states in today's episode. So this appears to be one of those, you know, someone at the national level wrote it up and passed it down to the states who had the power to get it through. And we see it creeping. We see it in California. We'll see it in Illinois. So, yeah, Glocks, apparently convertible pistols. But the other half of this is the 3d printer thing and this is wild so the idea here is that we want to force companies that make 3d printers to have built-in software that would detect if someone's trying to print a gun thing or a gun and block that and then we want to punish anyone who attempts to loophole that, anyone attempts to bypass, you know, these algorithms that would otherwise normally block you. So if you like modify your firmware or hardware or something so as to get past this blockage that's been put into place by the manufacturer, then you also are committing a criminal act. Uh man i'm glad i'm not in the company i'm not in the industry of making 3d printers i guess that's what i'm thinking like how in the world is a 3d printing company like would you like i can't even imagine beginning to like craft software that's supposed to detect when something is in a shape that might be a gun part like that's nuts like like there's a lot of things going on there so anyway that uh that's the gist that that's the other half of this in new york is let's let's uh make illegal any convertible gun which is pretty broad and vague dangerous language but ultimately at least for now intended to target glock type guns anything that could put a glock switch on it and let's force 3d printers that you know in order to be sold in our state that they have to meet these requirements of detecting potential gun printing stuff yeah yeah
Riley Bowman: So really what we have here is kind of a First Amendment and a Second Amendment issue going on in the state of New York, which is kind of interesting. It's not the first time that we've seen that kind of thing, but this is one of the first times I've seen a bill that is specifically trying to force companies to implement software that keeps you from being able to print certain parts. So in the past, I think the typical legal things, laws, and challenges we've seen have been more geared at the end user, where it's like, hey, if you possess certain 3D files to print things on your 3D printer, you know, firearm parts, then we'll come after you. But now it's like, let's attack it from this other angle, which is the producer of the machines, you know, so not the end user, but now the manufacturer. Of that technology. And so kind of an interesting approach, not a, not a, not a good one, but an interesting approach. It certainly tells the story that these. These not gun-friendly states and legislatures and governors and so forth will stop at nothing. They're throwing spaghetti at the wall and seeing what they can get to stick, seeing what they can push through, seeing what avenues they can attack. And they know, by the way, they know because of Heller, McDonald, Bruin, and so forth, that it's getting harder for them to craft legislation to come after guns specifically. And so they're getting a lot more creative with how they're going about that. I suspect there will be a major challenge on this cruciform trigger bar legislation, specifically targeting Glock and Glock design firearms. That'll be an interesting one to see play out. But I've never seen that language used before in a bill.
Jacob Paulsen: Yeah, I... I think that mostly what we are observing is that state legislative bodies do not care or take into consideration if something is constitutional before they propose, pass, vote, and pass it.
Riley Bowman: Sure.
Jacob Paulsen: And ultimately sign it into law by a governor. So, you know, I just don't think that that's – I don't think it's any more a relevant question to ask. Like, will this pass constitutional muster? It's like, so what? Yeah. Like what matters is we can get it done now. And if it doesn't pass constitutional muster, we're still buying years of having this in place of our constituents feeling like we did our part of getting reelected, of the powers that be, you know, in our party, recognizing that we did what we were asked to do. So anyway, for whatever it's worth, you know, you mentioned that. And I'm like, I don't think they care. Yeah.
Riley Bowman: Yes, I agree. And I also think that things are more difficult for them.
Jacob Paulsen: But I think to your point, though, what is highly relevant in this case is that when we pass a law designed to change consumer behavior and then we think consumers are basically not complying and then we realize we have no way to enforce it at all. Like there's zero possibility we can enforce this law we just passed. Then we had to pass more laws to help us enforce the thing that otherwise we can't enforce and no one is complying with. That's what's happening here. We pass a law that says you can't print this or you can't have files that would allow you to print this. And then we realize we have no way of enforcing. We have no way of regulating. We have no way of finding people. Like no one gives a crap. No one's complying. And it's like, crap. Well, I guess that was a waste of time. What do we do next? Yeah. Oh, well, we make the people who make these machines, you know, we make them do stuff.
Riley Bowman: There you have it. Out of California, four anti-gun bills advancing simultaneously reported on the nraila.org's website. There's four bills here, Senate Bill 948, which is a permit to purchase scheme. And this is a four-hour live fire course required to buy any firearm in California. So really going a step further than what we've seen here past recently in Colorado, which is more geared towards semi-automatic rifles. But in California, this bill would be to require you to go through this course to buy any fire in California. Now, the one thing that's interesting there is, as it's written right now, concealed permit holders would be exempted. They would basically be considered to have the training necessary already, which, I mean, you would think makes sense, especially since I think in California, don't you have to have like 16 hours, I think, of training? Oh, eight. I'm probably thinking it's New Mexico that requires 16, huh?
Jacob Paulsen: New Mexico, 15. Illinois, 16.
Riley Bowman: Yeah. Those are your big ones. You know, so you think, yeah, okay, that makes sense. I mean, if you think that sort of thing makes sense. But it's kind of, I mean, anyway, yeah. And here in Colorado, as you just already elaborated, Jacob, if you have a permit, sorry, it doesn't count, you know, for that.
Jacob Paulsen: Yeah, there's no crossover at all. Though I think that that's something we will see proposed and potentially changed here in Colorado. But yeah.
Riley Bowman: Right. Also, Assembly Bill 2047 is the exact same approach that New York we just talked about there. It's a 3D printer blocking technology bill. So interesting to see that. I mean, it is, but it's not terribly surprising because, I mean, you know, these people are talking behind closed doors, Jacob. They have friends everywhere. They're like, oh, what's my buddy in New York doing? Oh, they're passing this. Well, that sounds good. Let's do that.
Jacob Paulsen: Here in California. I think it's worse than that. I think it's more like, hey, I'm a party leader at the national level and I'm calling up all of my state people and saying, you need to propose a bill like this one. Here you go.
Riley Bowman: I know. No, I hate the fact that it's, yes, no, it's a national coordinated strategy. And that's why it's important for us to learn what's going on in these states. That's why I talked about what's going on in Colorado a little bit ago and saying, you know, this is the sort of thing that's coming to your doorstep, maybe not next year, maybe not even in five years, but this is something that could come to your doorstep down the road. And it's good to know what the strategies are and to be ready for them and try to fight back against them.
Jacob Paulsen: I think it's worth understanding too that a viable possible byproduct of this kind of thing if you live in one of those states is you're not gonna be able to buy a 3d printer anymore right like an optional choice for the 3d printer manufacturers is to just no longer sell to those states right like oh you live in california you can't buy our product right
Riley Bowman: Right yeah and of course i mean talk about enforcement jacob uh i mean who's this who's to say i don't just go across you know state lines and buy a 3D printer at Best Buy in Nevada or Arizona or whatever, right? Go for it. But anyway, also Assembly Bill 1743 is a database expansion. So this is a big issue, Jacob, because as we know, as you know, a few years ago, there was a major issue where the entire database of concealed carry permit holders in California was basically dumped publicly.
Jacob Paulsen: Yeah, I think we have to go back a step before that to build a foundation to understand this because – The federal law since 1986 prohibits the creation of a database of gun owners by any governing body, anyone, whether a state, city, any political subdivision thereof. So that's already – you can't do that. Now, the problem is that when this law was passed, it was part of the FOPA, the Fire and Motor Protection Act. When that law was passed, you had a handful of jurisdictions who were already doing it, and they were effectively grandfathered in. Now, California is one of those. So despite it being against the law at a federal level for California to have a database of humans and their guns, California has one anyway. And so that's the first kind of prerequisite to this is understanding that California already does have a database. Whereas most of you listening to this are like, does my state do that? Like, no, your state doesn't do that and can't start doing it. It would be against federal law. But California has done it, does do it, and still does it. And now they want to expand on it. And to your point, Riley, I think it's absolutely relevant to mention that they don't have a track record of protecting the data.
Riley Bowman: Yeah, they had a major data breach back, I think it was 2022, which, I mean, basically you're talking about the whole state. I think at that time, was that firearm owners or I thought it was permittees?
Jacob Paulsen: I think it was both.
Riley Bowman: Maybe it was both.
Jacob Paulsen: It was California Department of Justice.
Riley Bowman: Right, right. Right. I mean, we're talking names, addresses, you know, some other personally identifying information. And so, yeah, they want to expand with this bill that they're proposing this session. They want to expand who has access to that database, who that is shared with within, you know, government and other entities within the state. And so, yeah, that just, you know, increases the risk that we'll have another major failure of, you know, a data breach again. So that's super cool. And then Assembly Bill 1753 would clarify California's gun violence restraining order. So they basically want to add ammunition as a part of that.
Jacob Paulsen: This is phenomenal. This cracks me up.
Riley Bowman: Yeah.
Jacob Paulsen: Go ahead. The irony of this is amazing, right? Yeah. If the existing law was working, then we wouldn't need to take your ammo,
Riley Bowman: Right?
Jacob Paulsen: If someone files a red flag order on Joe Smith in California, and the cops show up and take all his guns and leave, And if that was functional, if they thought their own law was working, then we would have no need to tack ammo onto that. None. It would be unnecessary. So the fact that they're saying, hey, no, we need to be taken. It's not enough that we're just taking these people's guns for some potentially, for at least a temporary but potentially a permanent period of time. But we also think we need to take their ammo. It's like, why? Like, why exactly would you need to take their ammo if you already took their guns? Like it is ironic because it is exposing the absolute failure of the existing legislation and adding ammo to it can't possibly help whatever failures already exist in the concept.
Riley Bowman: Well said. Yeah, I couldn't agree more with that. So these four bills continue to advance in the California state legislature. I would strongly encourage if you're a Californian to be working all the channels that you can, contacting everybody you can, all of your legislators, your senators, your, you know, the governor even, you know, but also talking to your friends and family and those that you know that care about this stuff. Like this should be a topic of discussion so that people are made aware, because unfortunately, what I see so, so often is a serious lack of, well, really not lack of, but serious apathy towards, you know, well, there's not a lot we can do about it. They're just going to do it anyway. Well, you know, if we just roll over and take it, well, you know, there's no other option, really. you know what's going to happen. So anyway, major issues there out of California. Let's go to Illinois. So we're talking about Glock Wars. Okay. So the story out of Illinois is Illinois is also going after Glocks. And the way they're describing this is machine gun convertible pistols, with a definition that's broad enough to include in that Glocks and probably a number of other similar striker-fired handguns. Basically, if the handgun could be easily, you know, supposedly easily modified to turn it into a full automatic pistol, then that's the intent here, is for them to try to, you know, restrict your ability to purchase or. Uh, yeah, or own these. And so, and it's not just, uh, Illinois, New York, we've talked about now, but Maryland as well. Okay. Uh, we're not going to cover Maryland specifically, but just know that same sort of legislation legislation is trying to advance in the state of Maryland as well. So, uh, you know, they've, they've, they've tried to go after the specific, you know, Glock switches.
Jacob Paulsen: Jacob, um, which are already illegal.
Riley Bowman: Correct. Right. Unless you have, the proper licensing through the atf uh you got to have an sot yeah to basically possess and or manufacture such things uh but uh anyway whatever they're doing is not working they feel and so next step let's just go after the specific type of firearm that those switches can be used on so there you go that's what's going on in illinois there's.
Jacob Paulsen: Some great irony here because maybe irony is the wrong word, but isn't there some issue, concern, thought to the fact that most of these states have law enforcement agencies using that gun? If you go read the statutes, law enforcement are generally exempted. So it doesn't, in a practical way, impact law enforcement.
Riley Bowman: Right.
Jacob Paulsen: But there's got to be something like, wait a minute, you're saying civilians can't own the thing that all the cops are carrying because it has a safety defect, basically, is what you're claiming. But the cops have it, then we have no problem with that. There's something off with that, man.
Riley Bowman: Well, yeah, 100%. I mean, it's all off.
Jacob Paulsen: I'll also just quickly add that several of your Pro 2A support groups have filed a joint lawsuit against the state of Maryland. So we haven't seen lawsuits against all these states. And some of them are still moving, like California's things, for example. But we have seen very quickly after Maryland passed their anti-Glock. I like your Glock war thing. I want to run with that. After Maryland passed their Glock war law, we saw immediately lawsuits filed. I know FPC was involved. I know Anna Ray is on that lawsuit. There's probably others too I've already forgotten about. But anyway, so there is some action being taken, at least to Maryland for sure, by these pro-gun right groups.
Riley Bowman: Yeah. It's super concerning that, I mean, obviously any attack on our rights is a concern. It's a big issue. It's especially concerning that with this approach that they are going after a specific company. I mean, and I know that probably the way they're trying to word these things is to try to avoid calling out specifically Glock Inc. But in essence, what they're doing is going after a specific company. And that's, I mean, isn't there something constitutionally that makes that?
Jacob Paulsen: Well, I mean, we do have a law that basically says you can't hold, like you can't sue. You can't hold civilly liable a company who makes themselves a product that is lawful because it was used in an unlawful way. So that exists, though we have our own battle over that one certainly all the time. But yeah, can they just ban a certain product? Well, I think they can. I think that it's constitutionally viable in theory. I think it's constitutionally viable in theory to say, hey, we don't want Toyotas to be sold in our state because we think that Toyotas have this issue, that they have this safety concern, that they put the public at safety. I think that's constitutionally would pass muster. But this is not that per se, right? This is something else entirely because this is something that is a commonly used, probably the most commonly used style of semi-automatic or of any handguns. This is the most commonly purchased and owned style of handgun in the country. And that makes it constitutionally protected when it's in common use, specifically as a gun. Because that's what the Supreme Court said is that guns in common use like this are protected. So I think that you would have to really demonstrably show that it is a risk to public health in order to have this pass muster. And I don't think they can do that. I don't think they can come anywhere close to that. I think that – in fact, I would love to see, and I've not seen this anywhere. Maybe someone can go pull some data and try and dig this up. But I would love to see the number of firearm deaths that they can attribute to converted glocks. I'm guessing it's a pretty small percentage of firearm-related deaths. In fact, I bet you it's not a tenth of 1%.
Riley Bowman: Yeah. I don't think you're wrong at all with that. Yeah, so an awful lot of political just work that's happening to supposedly affect a very, very small amount of public benefit. What I think I was thinking of, Jacob, is the Bill of Attainer Clause in Article 1 of the U.S. Constitution, which prevents governments from passing a specific legislation that targets one company. And I know in this case, like, now you have multiple companies making Glock variants, right? And so in that way, maybe that's, you know, but still, like, this very much is geared at Glock. But, yeah, I mean, you got Glock. You got Ruger now with the RXM. You've got, of course, Shadow Systems has been out for a while now with their own variant, right? And there's several others, right? I'm just mentioning, you know, probably the three most currently popular models. And so, yeah, very interesting to see this legislation moving forward. But like we said, this is the new tactic, just finding another workaround. Now let's go to New Jersey, where the, this one's, talk about, you know, firearm owner records. You've got. And this is, again, a Glock-related thing. So this is just crazy, Jacob. So the New Jersey Attorney General has subpoenaed statewide firearm dealers, for the last 10 years of their records. So presumably, we're talking, you know, like standard, like the form you go and fill out, 4473, okay, okay. FFLs in New Jersey, we want your records for the last 10 years, your 4473s for anything Glock related, buyer names, addresses, serial numbers, and so forth. This stems from a public nuisance lawsuit against Glock Inc. Speaking of Glock, Davenport versus Glock is the case. And so there's this case going on. The Attorney General's office has requested this data as related to that case. The problem with that is that a subpoena like this would make those records public record. And so, yeah. New Jerseyans, especially if you bought a Glock in the last 10 years, your information could become publicly known to that fact.
Jacob Paulsen: Yeah, this is going to be a big will not comply scenario. I just think the average gun store is going to be like, F you. There's no world. I give you these records. But I mean, on one hand, you kind of see where the attorney general is coming from. Hey, we're in a lawsuit. In order to justify the claim that we're making in this lawsuit, we need data. We need figures. That's what the court wants to see. The court wants to see how many of these guns are we talking about? And by the way, they're not just soliciting the transactional data, who bought it, address, date, sale, firearm deed to make models, certain number, caliber. They're also subpoenaing information on how dealers obtained a Glock inventory, contracts or agreements with Glock, communications with Glock concerning sales, marketing switches or automatic fire capability, all records related to advertising and marketing. So they're trying to find any evidence they can find to support their lawsuit, which is that Glock knowingly made and sold a product that they knew could be easily or readily converted into an illegal product.
Riley Bowman: Yeah.
Jacob Paulsen: Right. And if they can show that because like, oh, look, the sales material that they distributed to their dealers showed that it was compatible with, you know, it could be converted, which is ridiculous. It definitely did not show that. Glock would never do that. Anyway, that's what they're trying to dig up, right? They're trying to come up with data and evidence to back the claim in the lawsuit. So if this had nothing to do with guns, if it was about something else entirely, it might be a viable ask or subpoena in this case. But because it's about guns specifically, it's a massive problem. It's criminal, probably. At very least, it's highly concerning relative to your privacy.
Riley Bowman: I had to look this up, Jacob, because I was curious, like, who invented the Glock switch? Okay. Because, I mean, to your point, like, as you're explaining, part of the case here is, well, did Glock knowingly manufacture, sell, market their product that it could be easily and readily converted into essentially a machine pistol, right? And it's like, well, Glock already made a Glock 18 going back decades now. I mean, it is the second available model by, you know, if you know anything about Glocks, you know that they started with the 17, the 18 was the second thing that they made, which was a fully automatic Glock 17 that was only intended to be marketed for military and governmental use. Okay. And so it's like, they didn't make it knowing that a Mr. Jorge A. Leon, a Venezuelan gunsmith, Yes. Would invent the glock switch okay so the glock switch was invented by jorge a leon in 1987 a venezuelan gunsmith he was age 22 at the time intending it to be authorized for military swat and police counterterrorism units he secured a u.s patent for it in 1998 which expired in 2016, there's a little bit of history on the glock switch so.
Jacob Paulsen: Well is there like isn't there some reality too where these these legislatures and people like they need to understand how impractical impractical of a gun this this creates yeah right right like like no one who cares about being effective with a gun would would convert their glock into fully i mean people do it for entertainment it is an entertainment product maybe there's some gang hoodlum intimidation coolness factor that i i'm not privy to but in any practical sense like converting your glock into a fully automatic effectively fully automatic gun uh is silly yeah it's impractic it's not effective it's not efficient as a as a tool of anything i
Riley Bowman: Think i think there is i mean i i think what they are seeing on the streets is gang member usage primarily. And then it's mostly a tool of intimidation. I think that's really what it is.
Jacob Paulsen: Spraying bullets. Well, it's not good. I'm not suggesting the spraying bullets on American public streets is not a public safety hazard.
Riley Bowman: Right, right, right.
Jacob Paulsen: It is. But to suggest that this is being widely adopted as a way to make these guns more lethal feels a little silly.
Riley Bowman: Yeah, yeah. Yeah, I agree. I agree with that. Well, hopefully.
Jacob Paulsen: And certainly our Venezuelan friend, if he thought that SWAT teams and police departments everywhere were going to be like, sweet, this is a great idea. I'm sure he was sorely disappointed.
Riley Bowman: It does say, and this is an article back on abcnews.com, a number of years ago, where he expressed regret for having invented the device because of how it's now being used. Okay. Anyway. Hopefully your dealers in New Jersey will not comply with these subpoenas. Because again, this is deeply concerning. This is, yeah, those 4473s are, dealers are supposed to hold on to them for at least 10 years. That's a record keeping purpose. I mean, that's debatable right there too. I mean, like that's people, there's plenty of people that do not like the fact that those are not like almost immediately threaded. And discarded, but as of right now, that they're intended for the dealer to have, for the dealer to have personally, not personally, but you know what I mean, to hold within their books. And that they can be then be audited upon by the ATF. That's it. That's really all it's supposed to be. To have them put out there in the public eye or view would not be good or consistent with how those forms were intended to be used. Hey, real quick, before we give you the last couple stories here, we recently announced a major update, Jacob, to the Concealed Carry Gun Tools app. This is our app. We came out with the app in 2016?
Jacob Paulsen: Yeah, either 2015 or 2016.
Riley Bowman: Well, we'll just call it. It's the 10-year anniversary of the Concealed Carry Gun Tools app. How about it?
Jacob Paulsen: Absolutely. Why not?
Riley Bowman: This has been through a number of iterations over the years. There's been some challenges over the years. I mean, we know this has been a passion project of ours at concealedcarry.com for a long time. It's been important for us to have this tool available for you, the American gun owner, concealed carriers, to have this tool in the palm of your hands. And recently announced a major update to that. And so we want to point it out and remind you to go to concealedcarry.com forward slash app. Go download the app if you haven't already or if you had it and you're like, you know, delete it. Well, get it back on your phone because there's some valid reasons to have it on and I'll let Jacob tell you why.
Jacob Paulsen: Yeah, there's some things that have always been true in this app. There's other features that have kind of come and gone over time as we've attempted to make it something we are capable of maintaining as a business. But some things that have always been there and the things that I think are probably most used in that app are the Reciprocity Map Builder, the Legal Reference Library, so you can pick any state and it'll give you a list of all the gun laws in that state that we track as a company. We do that for all 50 states plus D.C., You can also listen to the podcast episodes. You can read every article and news posts that we put out. And one specific feature that we recently restored in this latest update, in addition to some other bug fixes and things like that, is that we put back in our store, our online store. Now, you can't make purchases in the app because we don't want to share your information. We don't want Google and Apple to have access to who buys what gun stuff, among other things. But you can browse our entire store inside our mobile app, and then you tap a button and open up a product in your browser and make a purchase that way if you feel so inclined. But we're trying to make it easier for you to find the gear that you need. And that's one feature that was in the app once but that had been removed, and your guys' request has been put back in in a much more viable way. It's cleaner. It's faster. It's easier to filter by category, sort based on things. and the search is also specifically very new. We've never had the search before. And so I think the search is really good and important. So you can just open the app, tap on shop, type something in the search bar and hit go and you can get good results for what you're looking for.
Riley Bowman: Yeah. Yes, just like the entire search tool on our main website, concealedcarry.com has been completely revamped and majorly improved. That search feature in the app with the store is fantastic. If there's something you're looking for, something you need, just type it in. And if we got it, it'll come up in the results and you'll be able to get that, well, on your doorstep very soon. We are doing better than we ever have as far as shipping and fulfilling orders. Very, very timely. And I hope that you'll take advantage of shopping right there in the Concealed Carry Gun Tools app. So download it at concealedcarry.com forward slash app. That'll give you all the information, You can see everything about the app there and then click on your respective link for Google Play or Apple App Store and download the app. All righty, a couple more stories here. Department of Justice sues Colorado. In fact, there's actually two simultaneously taking place lawsuits. One against the state of Colorado on the magazine capacity limit that we have. And the other one is against specifically the city of Denver with respect to their assault weapons ban that they've had for quite a long time, actually a couple, several decades in Denver. They've had that. So Department of Justice, and most of this is being led by Civil Rights Division chief, Harmeet Dillon. She's been doing some excellent work there at the DOJ. I've seen a couple of things put out by her in the last six, seven, eight months. And I'll tell you, she's a little firecracker when it comes to this kind of stuff. And I'm cheering her on and cheering on these lawsuits.
Jacob Paulsen: Yeah, so for some context, and then I think some other relevant information here, the Department of Justice signaled that they were going to start looking into local laws that are unconstitutional. And this Civil Rights Division, I don't know if they've always had a Civil Rights Division. If so, I never knew about it until recently because this Dylan, she came out and she's like, hey, we're specifically looking at Second Amendment stuff. Like we're on this kind of thing. and it's sort of like yeah is that all talk is it not and then all of a sudden letters get sent to the city of denver and the state of colorado saying um these laws are not constitutional and we are going to sue you if you don't get them off your books yep and the mayor of the city of denver uh he has i think to quote him specifically he said hell no so boom lawsuits get filed and we're going to go see how this this rolls out some of you might be thinking man i wish they'd do that in my state. I wish the DOJ would come to my state and file lawsuits and come after my state government from our unconstitutional gun laws. And to that, I have a couple of thoughts. One would be, they might be coming. So be patient. They have limited capacity. And second, I guess my other thought would be that they're going to be strategic in terms of where they go fight a fight. It's about where we can win. It's about what judges, what courts. It's also going to be about like, is anybody else currently fighting this potentially? That might be, I don't know. I don't know what they're thinking. This is my arbitrary belief in things that they might be considering, but they might be thinking, oh, well, you know, these organizations are already suing Maryland. But these books on the, you know, these laws on the books in Colorado have been sitting there over a decade unchallenged. The state of Colorado law went into effect on 2013. So no one's challenged that. Like, let's go after that one. That's in a district we think that we got the right judges, and we might be able to set a precedent that can be impactful. Again, I don't know that they're thinking that, but there's just some considerations that I think are relevant.
Riley Bowman: Well, to be fair, the magazine capacity ban or magazine capacity limit law was challenged, but got to the state Supreme Court, and state Supreme Court, which is not 2A friendly at all, was like, nope, sorry. I do think there's been some other challenges filed over the years, but nothing has really materialized from that. But to have the federal government's Department of Justice specifically coming at that is pretty cool to see and signals a strong play from Trump's administration of where they stand on such things. So, yeah, even if, again, to your point, Jacob, if you're not seeing something similar in your respective jurisdiction or state or wherever you are, hey, just know that this sort of thing is a good sign of things to come. And may just be, hey, if this goes the whole way, who knows? Maybe something makes it to the Supreme Court to overturn things on more of a national level that has play for California and New York and Maryland and Virginia now. They're passing their own magazine capacity law and all that, right? Yeah. There you go. A couple more here. NRA files lawsuit challenging the federal post office carry ban. A while back, Jacob, we reported on the ruling out of the Fifth Circuit. It was actually, I think, the North Texas District or something. And, of course, out of that basically came that, hey, no post office. And that was specifically, I think, a challenge by the firearms policy coalition. abolition. And so kind of a thing there is, you know, you got to live in Texas and, and, you know, be a member of FPC or whatever. And I think Second Amendment Foundation may have been a part of that as well to then, you know, be considered or included within that injunction or whatever it was. But now we've got, we got the NRA filing lawsuit challenging this on the federal level. And it's not just NRA. Gun Owners of America also involved. Gun Owners Foundation also involved. And then specifically, you've got three NRA members filing this. And this was filed in the Western District of Pennsylvania. So basically the argument here is that the Bruin ruling is kind of the basis here that post offices in America have existed since 1639. And the carry ban wasn't enacted until 1972. So the idea being that, yeah, there's not a historical precedent for this. So challenging under Bruin.
Jacob Paulsen: Yeah. Yep. Yeah. It's funny because I just think there's some irony that we have the DOJ filing lawsuits against states, you know, who have anti-gun laws. But then in order to challenge a federal law that we think is unconstitutional, we have to sue the DOJ.
Riley Bowman: Yes. Touche. Touche.
Jacob Paulsen: So anyway we'll see how that would that would unfolds this is the kind of thing where because it's you know the doj cannot just say yeah no you're right we're cool we accept we we lose you you win because we're we're we're attacking uh legislation yeah uh u.s code so there's more to it than than the doj just saying it's cool you can have this one
Riley Bowman: Yeah apparently there's a challenge also in florida and uh the doj dropped the florida appeal in that case uh now there i've heard the the theory put out there and there's a i forget what the name is that uh mark smith gave this um a four boxes diner but he was explaining he's like you know sometimes people get upset with the doj when they fight against some of these lawsuits uh because you know to your point jacob this kind Kind of this irony of, well, they're suing Denver and Colorado on these Second Amendment issues, but meanwhile are being sued in these other Second Amendment issues and are fighting those cases. And the... Mark Smith talked about this in a video I thought was really well done. That's why I'm referencing him specifically, where he explained the strategy. It goes back actually to the Obama administration where they took a similar approach with a lawsuit. The Obama administration actually agreed with, but if they just kind of like, eh, we're not going to get in your way of this, then it doesn't actually go the whole way of making it to those higher courts to then actually get a really definitive ruling. And so that could be part of the strategy with some of these other cases is that the DOJ has got to push back some so that things fight their way up through the various district courts, federal courts, appeals courts, and all the way up to hopefully the Supreme Court to get something completely on a nationwide level overturned.
Jacob Paulsen: Yeah, otherwise the next administration can walk in and basically do whatever they want. Right, exactly. If it ended there, then it can change like that.
Riley Bowman: Yeah. So I don't know. We'll see how this case out of Pennsylvania goes with respect to overturning the federal post office carry ban. Now, more news out of Maryland. I referenced this towards the beginning of the episode, referencing sensitive places. But a cert petition was filed in Kipke versus Moore asking the Supreme Court of the United States to review Maryland's post-Bruin sensitive places law. So Maryland, they've restricted carry in places like state parks, government buildings, museums, transit, public transit, health care facilities, schools, stadiums, casinos, alcohol serving locations. and within 1,000 feet of any public demonstration. And so the petition argues that lower courts are systematically using sensitive places, those carve-outs, to gut Bruin's core holding. So essentially arguing that, okay, well, we have Bruin, but if you strip away all of these publicly accessible venues and... And keep people from being able to carry in those, then what's the point, right? So challenging these laws, these sensitive places laws in the wake of Bruin and seeing if, you know, we can get some of this, get a little bit more. Or because I don't know, Jacob, if I ever see a world where we, you know, like where there's no restrictions, like I think there's always going to be some amount of, like, I think we're always going to probably have government buildings, for instance, that exist that are off limits to carrying a gun. Okay. Unless you're, you know, law enforcement or whatever. Right. Like airports are probably always going to be off limits. Well, maybe not necessarily the airports themselves, but you know, I mean like secure areas within the airport and planes and so forth are probably always going to be off limits to having a carrying a gun with you onto that plane. Right. And so, but I think this is more about, okay, where are the limits? Where do we draw the line? And can we establish some reasonable ones? Because currently Maryland and New York and California and Hawaii and these places are trying to create these sensitive places. And we're seeing that a little bit, even to some extent here in Colorado, we've definitely seen more restrictions in recent years than what we had in the past. And so, you know, where do we draw the lines?
Jacob Paulsen: I think that's really well said. I don't know that I'd add much to that, right? I mean, this Maryland lawsuit is a second lawsuit. The first lawsuit already established that some of the sensitive places that were lined up in that legislation were not constitutional. And so those were, you know, killed. But the petitioners are basically saying, we're not satisfied with that ruling. Like, we think more of these sensitive places are unconstitutional than what the previous court decided. So, you know, continuing to escalate that is a good thing.
Riley Bowman: Yeah. We've seen some similar things in New York where it was, you know, like they want to put everything on this list of all these different places. And I think you've seen something similar in Hawaii. And so then those governments, those state-level governments especially, are kind of like, okay, we'll pull back a little bit. But they're going to be constantly pushing that threshold, so to speak, you know, where that is. So, I don't know. We'll see where this challenge goes. yeah, finally well okay we do have a bit of good news here at the end I'm going to cover this real quick Jacob out of Minnesota all right because this is super fast the legislature adjourned and every single gun control bill was defeated and that is big news.
Jacob Paulsen: Yeah, and there were a lot of nasties.
Riley Bowman: There were a lot of nasties in Minnesota.
Jacob Paulsen: We kind of had Virginia and Minnesota as opposite outcomes this year.
Riley Bowman: Yeah. Yeah, yeah, yeah, very, very good point. Virginia is like, go on.
Jacob Paulsen: Pass them all.
Riley Bowman: Yeah, going hard in the paint on anti-2A legislation. Minnesota was trying, but ultimately, and by the way, there were some people doing some good work on the ground there. Minnesota, what is it? Minnesota gun owners or Minnesota? yeah, I think it's Minnesota. Anyway, some, some pro two way organizations in Minnesota really working it hard there. I know I saw some stuff from like John and Sarah Hauptman from Philster involved in some of those efforts and some other friends also that really, you know, we're, we're getting fired up about that. Ultimately all those bills were defeated. And so that was really good news, but I wanted to share that. Oh, go ahead, Jacob.
Jacob Paulsen: I was going to say, Minnesota is a very interesting state, politically speaking. It's a very just bizarre kind of place in some respects. And so it was definitely just – I didn't have a sense for how it was going to go. And so I'm very thrilled.
Riley Bowman: Yeah. Yeah. Likewise. And it's good to have a bit of good news amongst all of the not-so-good news we just covered. To close this up and bid everyone adieu, I wanted to end here. It basically points you all to an article. It should be in the show notes. That includes even on Facebook and YouTube. It should be linked in the description of these videos. But this was a really interesting article published on StephenHalbrook.com. The title of it is, How a Fake Citation Misled Courts to Uphold Sensitive Place Gun Bans. And basically, at the core of this article, he's talking about how sloppy. Okay, so let me back up. Everyone knows now we're in a world of AI, right? Heck, Jacob and I are even users, consumers of AI technology. And it's been beneficial to us personally and also in our business. And I won't go into specifics on that. But just know, like, and I think that there is a place in our world where responsible use of AI is a good thing. Like can make our world a better place. I think that's true of just about any technological advance. Like there's new technology all the time and that technology can be used as a benefit to humanity and it can also be taken too far or used in the wrong way and can be a detriment as well, right? And so, but basically what's going on here, Stephen Halbrook's point is what we're actually seeing is you have courts. And we're talking about at every level, but especially at the federal level where courts and attorneys and judges and law clerks that are doing all the work behind the scenes to research stuff are using AI to help in that. And AI can be hugely beneficial to take a ton of information, condense it, analyze it, summarize it, help make sense of it. And that could be a good thing, right? But the problem is, is you always have to vet the quality of the work that the artificial intelligence does. You need to vet the sources that it uses or the claims that it uses and so on and so forth. Like you basically have to double check its work. And so, but what's happening is we're seeing in actual courts, in cases where AI is being used and is getting things wrong and is then being used in rulings. That is not maybe going in our favor on certain, particularly Second Amendment issues. And he specifically calls out instances where, you know, you have the Bruin case, right? This Bruin, this historical standard that was created through Bruin, which means that for so many of these cases, these attorneys, these clerks, these judges have to go and do historical research to see, is there a precedent for this historically or not? Where did this start? Historically, whatever issue it is, they're researching. And AI can help with that. But if AI gets it wrong, then you can see where the negative implications could come in, right? Right. And so specifically, there's this Antoniuk, I guess is how you say it, case. And it referenced founding era North Carolina and Virginia laws where there were carry bans. And Halbrook's like, well, that's kind of true, but also there's more context and nuance to those laws that were passed way back. And he says the way those laws were written were to target armed, they were supposed to target those that were armed to the, quote, terror of the people. And he's saying that's a much narrower standard than how it's being used in some of these cases. And so, anyway, I don't want to, you know, we're actually over time with respect to the length of the episode here today. But I wanted to kind of give you a little bit of a taste and point you to that article and say, go read that. It's interesting. And it's also deeply concerning and something we probably ought to be raising attention to a little bit more. But Jacob, any thoughts on that?
Jacob Paulsen: I don't work in the legal profession. You know, I'm not a clerk of a court. I'm not a judge. I'm not an attorney. I'm not, you know, part of some bar association. So, yeah, I guess the best I could do is just say that regardless of what profession you're in, whether you run a website to sell some gun stuff or you're a judge or an attorney or whatever it is you do, like you need to be cautious with the use of ai and you need to vet sources you know you need to really do your research and understand um what what's being output uh because if not you know it's going to smack you in the face and i think that that's what we're seeing here like if you're a judge in a court like it's your job to determine the truth of things and so you have to vet this stuff you got to do your research and looking at some law that was written in north carolina in the 1500s, hundreds of years before the Second Amendment became, you know, an amendment to the U.S. Constitution, and not understanding the context in which that was written and whether or not it continued past the Second Amendment is just outright malfeasance in terms of jurisprudence. So, yeah, get it right.
Riley Bowman: Yeah. Yeah. So anyway, these are the kind of issues we're dealing with in today's world. And we've covered a lot of other very important issues in today's episode. I hope if you enjoyed this episode, if you're not already, like and subscribe to the podcast, to our YouTube channel, to our other social media channels, and that you would share the podcast with those in your life that you think should also hear and be aware of these issues. We try to cover legislative and other industry news once a month on the podcast. It doesn't always happen. But we're glad to be able to be here with you today doing this. I think the next episode we do will be a Justified Saves episode. It'll be time for that. And we know that people really appreciate those stories and those lessons learned. And we'll continue to try to bring other very important and relevant information and education and best practices to you guys in the world of concealed carry and personal defense. But thank you for being here with us today. A reminder of today's episode sponsors, EDC Belt Company, Foundation Belt. Go to edcbeltco.com. Hope that you'll order one today. And also the Concealed Carry Gun Tools app that we talked about a little bit ago, which you can check out at concealedcarry.com forward slash app. And thank you to your support of our sponsors that make doing everything we do here honestly possible. It wouldn't be possible without your support, without your business. Without liking, sharing, subscribing, buying, and all those things that help us stay in business, stay afloat. So thank you, everyone. Jacob, thank you for your time today and for another episode.
Jacob Paulsen: Yep, game on.
Riley Bowman: So we'll wrap this one up and bid you adieu. Have a great weekend. And yeah, about to enter the month of June, which is kind of an exciting thing, Jacob, because so what happens at the end of June? July.
Jacob Paulsen: Yeah, it's true. Good job, Riley.
Riley Bowman: At the beginning of July, we get to celebrate essentially the 250th birthday of our nation.
Jacob Paulsen: That was a stretch of why we should celebrate June, but you're not wrong.
Riley Bowman: I'm excited. I'm excited that that's fast approaching. So I think we should probably do something special for the podcast for the celebration of our nation's birth.
Jacob Paulsen: Yeah, we should.
Riley Bowman: So anyway, guys, until next time, a reminder to train right, train often, and train safe so you can. Your turn.
Jacob Paulsen: Fight hard, fight fast, and fight true.
Riley Bowman: Take care. See you, everybody. A reminder that laws vary from place to place, and we encourage listeners to seek local legal advice to understand applicable laws. Concealed Carry, Inc., its brands and properties, and the Concealed Carry podcast is not a legal service, nor are we attorneys at law. We make our best faith effort to share Concealed Carry-related insights and information about firearm-related incidents and the laws pertaining, based on our own understanding and experience. But things can be different where you live, or laws may have changed by the time you listen to this. We cannot be held liable for your actions based on the information shared in this podcast. Please exercise care with all things pertaining to firearm use, concealed carry, and always practice following basic firearm safety rules. More information about safety can be found at concealedcarry.com forward slash safety.